Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Gluten Free/Paleo Dog Treats.

So today I thought I'd share one of my recipes with y'all. This is one that I use a LOT! My Westie boy is highly allergic to grain so I adapted this recipe to be grain free. There is nothing in this recipe that I wouldn't eat for myself!

Ingredients:
~2 1/2 Cups: Almond Flour.
~2: Large Eggs.
~1 Cup: of pureed fruit or pureed cooked meat(if using cooked meat, add a bit of broth to make is easier to puree).
~1/4 Cup: Chicken or Beef Stock.

Instructions:

~Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly(Mixture will be fairly dry).
~Put parchment paper onto a cookie sheet.
~Put the dough onto parchment paper and spread out until it's about 1/4 inch thick, or thinner if you want it to cook faster.
~Bake dough on 170 Degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, or until firm.
~Cut into desired sizes.
~Bake on 170 for another hour, or until desired done-ness.
~Let cool.
~Reward.
Makes aprox. 300 treats(depending on how big you make them).

Notes:
"What is almond flour?"
Almond flour is finely ground almonds. It is used in a LOT of paleo recipes. It can most likely be found at your local health food store. Sometimes you can find it in a regular supermarket.


I hope y'all like this recipe! It takes a fairly long time to bake because you basically have to dehydrate it. I actually have tried to dehydrate some in a dehydrator, but it doesn't turn out as good. Thanks for reading! I hope y'all enjoy making these treats!

~W.A.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment