Sunday, January 5, 2014

A New Furiend!!

So I've been looking for a new dog to do agility with. I've been looking at Border Collies and was considering buying a puppy. Then I decided to rescue one instead of buying a puppy. So I was looking and looking but nothing was turning up. Then my mom and I were out shopping in a town that we hardly ever go to. She wanted to go into this store but I didn't want to so I just went into the pet store that's next to it. I walk in and there's this Border Collie crated next to the door, ready for adoption. The local shelter had brought some of their dogs to feature them at the pet store and he was one of those dogs. He was beautiful! I just stared at him for a few minutes. Then I started asking the shelter people, and the foster, questions about him and their adoption process. I asked them what his name was. They said it was Prancer. I asked the foster if I could let him out and pet him. He said I could, so I did! I called my mom and asked her to come over to the pet store when she was finished. She came over there. She said to ask my dad if I could have him. I told the foster guy that I was interested but I would have to ask my dad. He gave me his number so I could call him and let him know what my dad said. We went home. I asked my dad and he said I could get him! I called the guy and we set up a day to meet at the shelter so I could adopt Prancer. I get to pick him up tomorrow if we don't get snowed in! YAY!! I'm SO excited! I can't wait to start training him! Here's a picture that the foster took of him:
 
Isn't he so pretty? He looks like he may have a tiny bit of Australian Shepherd in him. I think I'll change his name, though. He doesn't seem like a prancer to me. Any name ideas? I really want him to have some kind of action/agility type of name. Here are some names I like:
Mathis
Ripp
Hurricane(Cane)
Surge
 Pace
Charge
Turbo
Flare
Zip

Feel free to suggest names! Or rank these names for me, from 1-9. 1 being your favorite, and 9 being your least favorite. :)  Thanks for reading! I'll write again later telling you what I end up naming him!

~W.A.G.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog. I'm gonna mark you so I can keep up with you.
    I got me a blog too, just today.
    http://zoeschnauzer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe! I'm so glad you followed me! I'm glad you have a blog too! :D

      Delete